This bookmark measures 200 x 44 mm (~7.9“ x 1.73“) and weights approximately 45 g (~1.59 oz). Since these objects are handmade, slight differences will occur from one piece to the next. Cut and engraved entirely by hand, finished with chemical browning.
Two butterflies in flight
939,00€ (VAT excluded)
A moving love story, an ancient Chinese legend that shows how strong a feeling can be, and long-lasting – even past death itself: such is the inspiration of this bookmark.
Two butterflies meet playfully among the artistic cut-outs and golden highlights and embrace eternally, timelessly.
Books have this overwhelming power, too.
The written word is stamped on the page and in the mind and in the memory of the passionate reader who reads and falls hopelessly in love.
Books accompany us through life and never abandon us, so much like true love. These frolicking butterflies renew their sentiment over and over again, forever.
You can make your bookmark special and unique adding your custom engraving for free.
We will send your customization by email and we will wait for your confirmation before we produce it.
Please note that the length and complexity of the engraving are limited by the shape of the bookmark chosen and by the amount of engravable space there is on the surface.
Please choose your quote in the following list:
- A room without books is like a body without a soul.
Marcus Tullius Cicero
- So many books, so little time.
- Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
- Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.
- I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.
Jorge Luis Borges
- Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- Books are the compasses and telescopes and sextants and charts which other men have prepared to help us navigate the dangerous seas of human life.
Jesse Lee Bennett
- I kiss you and the world begins to fade.
- There is no Frigate like a Book
To take us Lands away,
Nor any Coursers like a Page
Of prancing Poetry –
This Traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of Toll –
How frugal is the Chariot
That bears a Human soul.
Visit the packaging page for more info.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.